Philpott Law
Get a Consultation Now
google plus
DeLand: (386) 873-2884
Daytona: (386) 236-9490
In Your Defense and By Your Side
In Your Defense and By Your Side

General Civil Practices

General Law Practice

Philpott Law offers its clients a range of services in the area of general civil practice, such as contracts and property-related matters. Located in DeLand, Florida, our attorneys welcome clients from throughout Central Florida including Daytona Beach, Orange City, Deltona and surrounding areas.

Civil law is an extremely broad area of law that deals in private rights. This can include rights under contracts, wills or employment agreements. Civil law also deals with claims based on the negligence of another, including claims for injuries sustained in auto accidents or slip-and-falls. Civil law also includes property rights, employment issues, defamation, landlord-tenant relationships and much more. Simply said, it covers just about everything that is noncriminal.

Our Civil Practice

Our law firm handles civil matters such as these:


  • Review
  • Breach of contract and defense
  • Unjust enrichment
  • Non compete agreements and defense
Did you know these things about contracts?
  • Not all agreements between parties have the legal status of being a contract.
  • Some contracts are not required to be in writing.
  • The Uniform Commercial Code (UCC) governs contracts involving the sale of goods over $500.
  • There is a difference between a contract that promises to do an act in the future in exchange for another's promise to do an act in the future, and a contract that requires an act for an act.

Property. Property law is a division of civil law that encompasses a broad range of issues. Many firms specialize in specific areas of property law, such as foreclosures and bankruptcy. Property law sometimes involves issues of contract law (see above), such as a real estate contracts or leases. Our firm practices in the area of general property law and deals primarily in matters involving:

  • Landlord/Tenant
  • Quit-claim deeds
  • Quiet title actions
  • Adverse possession claims/defense
  • Declaration judgements
  • Miscellaneous civil maters

Did you know...

  • That claims for money damages less than $5,000.00 may be persued in small claim court and usually does not require an attorney.
  • That claims less than $15,000.00 but more than $5,000.00 must be filed in county court?
  • That claims more than $15,000.00 must be filed in the circuit court?
  • That in some circumstances a court may award remedy in a contracts case even when no written or verbal contract exists between the parties!
  • That a court may award you land or property even though you are not the 'title' or 'record' owner